I've been tagged by Lola to list 5 things you may not know about me. Well, that leaves a lot as long as it doesn't have to do with IVF!!!
1) I like to be alone. This has taken a long time. I used to hate being by myself, now I enjoy it. I like walking alone. Just this weekend, we went to my SIL cabin in OR. It was far far away, quiet, peaceful, cold. I took a morning walk and loved it. Didn't want to turn back. Saw deer in the woods, birds flying overhead, calm life opening up around every curve of the dirt road. It was lovely. I often daydream about disappearing alone. Taking the essentials and just poof. Gone. New state, country, no one knows me. Under the Tuscan Sun kinda fantasy.
2) I am a self beautification junkie. I have more then 100 shades of nail polish. More then 100 shades of lipstick. Tons of face creams, mud masks, hair products, clips, eye shadows/make-up, and jewelry. And none of it expensive because I am a bargain shopper. Maybe if I invested in some key things I would use them more instead of buying everything that looks pretty, but no. And did I mention the scented body lotions and bubble baths??
3) I tried to kill myself every year from the time I was in 3rd grade. Always trying to OD on medications. No one knew until 10th grade when I really did it and landed my ass in a treatment center. It was in that center I realized I was going to be a social worker of some kind. I spent more time talking and helping the other patients then I did addressing my own issues. I didn't drink, smoke, do drugs, hadn't even kissed a boy yet. Many counselors actually questioned why I was there in the first place. I addressed my issues later in life and put them in a mental box for safe keeping. I had to learn that life goes on, you just have to find a direction and take it. I still struggle sometimes, but try to keep ahead of myself. All that experience helped with IF. I commented on another blog that there are a lot of decisions and waiting in IF, but IF is right in the middle of lIFe, where you are always faced with hardships.
4) I have 4 Dads, 4 Moms. Bio parents, adopted parents, husband's parents, husband's step-parents. It can be a bit overwhelming since they are all so very different. This Christmas, they will all be in my new home. Well, not really. Hoping to see bio dad but don't speak with bio mom so that won't happen. But both sets of hubby's parents and my adopted parents will be over. My saving grace of this is that I LOVE HOSTING. I'll throw a party for anyone. I handmake invites, bake and decorate cakes, have themes, the works. Controlling things calms me, thus hosting the party keeps my mind occupied and I don't get freaked out over anything. We'll see if that holds out this year with so many people coming over right after we move into the new house.
5) I used to be a synchronized swimmer. I went to Nationals in DC my jr year. Did ok. Nothing serious. Started swimming on a summer team when I was like 4 and never really got out of the water. Swam year round from 5th grade to jr year of high school and then was just done. Few years later became a coach and lifeguard. Now I scuba dive whenever I get the chance. I am more comfortable in the water, any water, then anywhere else in the world. Now if I could just look better in a swimsuit, things would be grand!
WELL. There it is. I'm not sure why I picked the things I did, and will probably be laying in bed later thinking "I should've written this or that", but I guarantee those are things you, the blogoshpere society, did not know about me.
On another note, recently I am getting blocked from getting to people's sites from their comments, stating they have disabled their profiles or something. What is this people? I don't have site names written down on a post-it so I rely on clicking on the comment names to take me to your leaders, I mean sites!!! If you are one of these people, I would love it if you fixed this for me (0:
I now pass the task to the Nixter, BabyBlue, Bea, and Lara.